Buddhism in a Nutshell first appeared in 1933. Since then several editions were published by various philanthropic gentlemen for free distribution.
For a fuller exposition of the subjects dealt with here, readers are kindly requested to read the revised and enlarged edition of The Buddha and His Teachings published in 1980.
Permission may freely be obtained to reprint or to translate this book.
Colombo, Sri Lanka.
7th May 1982.
The Classic, from the “Classic Website:” AccessToInsight.Org The Pali Canon Authority, Tipitaka, Dhamma, Triple Gems, Classical Buddhism, Theravada, a Summary of the Buddha’s Teachings, Summary of the , Summary of the Dharma.
My Blog is being Overhauled to make it much better and more User Friendly, in the meantime, I’m just posting some links and such.
If you’re not familiar with the Website http://www.AccessToInsight.Org well… you should be!🙂
The Pali Canon is as close as we get to knowing the actual words of the historical Buddha, it is also known as “The Tipitaka” (“The Three Baskets” in Pali, refers to hpw the original Dhamma was written on Banana Leafs and carried n baskets.
How Many Baskets, you Ask?
Why there were THREE of them, of course!
There’s a reason for that, too, but as I was saying, I am busy with making technology better, so that this Blog can be better…so that YOU CAN BE BETTER!
- The Buddha was Neither a God Nor an Incarnation (Avatara) (jampasmandala.wordpress.com)
- Dalai Lama at DSC Jaipur lit fest (vancouverdesi.com)
- Dalai Lama to attend Jaipur literary fest (thehindu.com)
- The Essence of Buddhism (w6bky.me)
- Dharma Talk: The Nature of Evil: Devadatta (dhamamitra.org)
- How The “True Buddha Dharma” is as Simple as it gets! (buddhistinsight.com)
- Alan Watts – Reincarnation (Buddhism, Hinduism, Concepts, Beliefs, Experience, Self, No-Self, Atman, Anatman, Rebirth, Nirvana, The Ultimate Goal) (buddhistinsight.com)
- Metta Monday: Compassion (sacredcomfort.wordpress.com)
- If you meet the Buddha (paradelle.wordpress.com)
- Buddhism is not temples and bells (zenflash.wordpress.com)